Dien Hai Citadel
 

Dien Hai Citadel, built on the western side of the Han River in the twelfth year of King Gia Long’s reign (1813), was formerly known as Dien Hai Fortress.  It was moved inland and rebuilt in brick on a high mount in the fourth year of King Minh Mang’s reign (1823).  It was renamed as Dien Hai Citadel in the fifteenth year of his reign (1834).  Today, Dien Hai Citadel is at No 24 Tran Phu Street, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau District, which is adjacent to the Da Nang Nuseum.

In the seventh year of King Thieu Tri’s reign (1847), the perimeter of Dien Hai Citadel was expanded to 463 metres, with a wall 5 metres high surrounded by a ditch 3 metres deep.  The citadel was designed with three gates, and was built of brick in the European Vauban architectural style.

 

Dien Hai Citadel bore the stamp of the struggle by the Da Nang people and the nation to protect national independence and territory in the persistent war against the French colonialists.  It made an important contribution to the defeat of the French invaders in Da Nang in 1858-1860.  A statue of General Nguyen Tri Phuong was erected in memory of a magnanimous period in the city’s history.

 

Dien Hai Citadel was recognised as a national historical relic by the Ministry of Culture and Communication on 16 November 1998.

 
 

 

Cần cài đặt Flash Player để xem

Cần cài đặt Flash Player để xem

リンクス

リンクス

ダナン市 ポータル
著作権はダナン市人民委員会の帰属
ライセンス: No.91/GP-TTĐT、情報通信省、ラジオ•放送•電子情報管理局により2 010年04月27日に支給
編集長:Vo Duy Khuong 氏– ダナン人民委員会の常任副委員長
住所:ダナン人民委員会オフィ、情報-ガゼットセンター、ダナン市、ハイチャウ地区、42 バックダン通り。
メール: toasoan@danang.gov.vn
電話: (+84 511) 3826338, 3893777 ; ファクス (+84 511) 3821286
このウェブサイトから情報を放したとき、www.danang.gov.vn または ダナン市ポータルをお書きください。

ダナン市 ポータル
著作権はダナン市人民委員会の帰属
ライセンス: No.91/GP-TTĐT、情報通信省、ラジオ•放送•電子情報管理局により2 010年04月27日に支給
編集長:Vo Duy Khuong 氏– ダナン人民委員会の常任副委員長
住所:ダナン人民委員会オフィ、情報-ガゼットセンター、ダナン市、ハイチャウ地区、42 バックダン通り。
メール: toasoan@danang.gov.vn
電話: (+84 511) 3826338, 3893777 ; ファクス (+84 511) 3821286
このウェブサイトから情報を放したとき、www.danang.gov.vn または ダナン市ポータルをお書きください。